Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Comment on Esther's website

Hi Esther,

I have just visited your website finding it quite interesting and inviting. I think your website is a perfect site to learn your culture especially for all the international students including me. If your students are EFL/ESL learners or refugees ( I guess so because I know you are eager to help them), this website would be useful. They will learn a lot about these 5 major celebrations.

Apart from providing comprehensible information, you made good use of pictures. I have found there are beautiful, more importantly, relevant pictures under each heading, for example, Easter egg under "Easter", Queen's photo under Queen's Birthday, which i think is quite wonderful. Moreover, videos were utilised to increase students' motivation. Visual learners will find it quite motivating.

Hotpotato was used to create Australia Day quiz. Pity there are only 3 questions. If you had registered, you could have created more items. I did wonder whether we were required to use hotpotato to create all the activities or not.Most activities in this website are similar to those done in the webquest. Is it ok?

I also wondered whether it is better to add some links such as index and next page between these holidays so that students can go to home page or next page easily.All the information was well organized and all the instructions were clear, easy to follow. Well done.

Jin

October 30, 2007 7:22 PM

No comments: